It’s annoying to see people ranting on their facebook pages almost every hour about their life, to a point where you wanted to comment and tell them “Shut up! The hell I care!” [hahaha]. But it’s their social media accounts and it’s their right to post whatever they wanted to post. The only solution? UNFOLLOW them if they are getting too loud and too noisy that you are having negative vibe already. Yes, that’s what I am doing all the time. Hit the UNFOLLOW button once they’re not making any sense anymore. Here’re a few reminders to all of us when we are using our social media accounts.
1. Your freedom of speech is absolute. While you have the right to express them, rant about them, tell the world about them. Do not forget that others too have this right. Sometimes you need to filter what your rants are. Make them valid and with sense. Be cautious.
2. You complain about invading your privacy but your post and choose to tell the world about your whole life! As if your life is an open book. But no one cares! Not all your friends on the list would even care! Remember that. And in the first place, why complain? You choose to post it in public, so be prepared if there will be comments that are not so good about it. Be cautious.
3. Unfollow people who are becoming toxic already. Who are these?
- People / Friends who don’t have the balls to tell other people that they are hatin’ them, or they are annoyed, and they use their rants and hatred post to hide from the person. Come on! If you don’t like a person or something he/she does, tell them right through their faces! Don’t be such a coward!
- People / Friends who keep on posting what they are doing at the moment, almost everything. Like you can expect any time they post that they’re about to poop! Such an annoying people.
- People / Friends who send out a negative vibe! Unfollow them right away!
- People who are so showy about their love life! I mean from time to time you can, but posting everything about your relationships is a no-no. Believe me, keep it private! Or at least keep a little of privacy. No point of posting status about your recent quarrels all the time! Hey! again not all your friends on the list care!
- People / Friends who are full of themselves. You identify them, you can always identify them by their post. Unfollow them!
To unfollow people/friends will always be based on you. Feel free if you are not comfortable or too annoyed by them.
4. Be a catalyst of motivation, inspiration and love. Always.
5. Be cautious about sharing any personal information on your social media accounts. Protect your self always.
6. Do not make social media a tool for hatred and indifference. Always use it to bridge gap and build friendship.
7. Share information that are base on facts and fundamental truths. Know how to distinguish them before sharing them with your friends and the public.
8. Follow friends and pages that inspires you and fuels you to do what you love in life.
9. To borrow one social media campaign slogan: “Think before you click.”
10. Lastly, always have this mindset that social media was created to share factual information. It is a powerful platform that can make or break a person, a relationship, an institution and organization, even a nation and the world. So be responsible in using them. Through your social media accounts, always choose to be the inspiration and not the other way around.
Promote what you love! Happy sharing guys! 🙂