Our Negros Occidental Trip starts at Bacolod, and then we head to Guimaras! What can I say? Guimaras is a true gem! I love the place! Super love the Island vibe. Sadly, Bill was not able to join us as he needs to leave for Manila early Monday morning.
HOW TO GET TO GUIMARAS
Since we are from Bacolod, below is your guide to Guimaras from Bacolod.
- First, take a taxi and head to Bacolod Port.
- Tell Manong taxi driver to drop you off at the Ocean Jet ticketing station
- Tickets rates and schedules are here: OceanJet – Bacolod to Iloilo.
- Travel time from Bacolod to Ilo-ilo is about 1 hour.
- Once you dock at the Ilo-Ilo port, there’s an area there for taxi. You just fall in line.
- Once you’re in the taxi, tell Manong driver to bring you at Parola Port for Guimaras.
*Parola port actually is just near the Ilo2x Port, you can see it when you’re still at the boat.
- Cost for taxi from Ilo-Ilo port to Parola port is around 70php.
- Once you’re in Parola port, at the Entrance section, you need to pay Terminal fee for about 15php. By the way, make sure you are paying at the right Window, the signage should be Jordan (to be read as Hordan), that’s the main gateway to Guimaras.
- Once you entered the Port, make sure to sign/register your name.
- At the docking area, there are a lot of boats there, so make sure you ask which one is for Jordan.
- Travel time from Ilo-Ilo to Guimaras is around 15-20 minutes.
GETTING AROUND GUIMARAS
- Either you research ahead for a package tour and book someone for a tour.
- Or you negotiate a package tour at Jordan port.
For option #1 (Our Option)
I’ve research ahead and stumble upon a blog which recommends someone and I tried to contact the number listed. See below;
Kuya Cherald: 09084748122
Dennis is the brother of Kuya Cherald. He was our driver/tour guide/photographer all at the same time! Dennis has some Photography skills, really! Thanks to him for taking our #Wanderlusting to a whole new level by capturing good images both the beast and the beautiful places. 😀 (See Images below for proof). You can first contact Kuya Cherald, and request Dennis as your tour guide. Hehehe.
WHAT TO DO IN GUIMARAS
1. LAND TOUR
Rates for Whole Day Tour (As of October 2017)
- Tricyle: P1200
- Multicab: P2500
- Van: P3000
- Smallest Plaza
- Windmill Farm
- Holy Family Hills
- Capitol Landmark
- The Pitstop Restaurant
- Mango Plantation
- Trappist Monastery
- Viewdec in Lawi Bay
- Camp Alfredo
- Guisi Light House
- Guisi Beach
- Alubihod Beach
2. ISLAND HOPPING
Rates (As of October 2017)
- 3 hours – P800
- Succeeding Hours – P150
- Avi Maria Cave
- Turtle Island
- Baras Cave
- Lamurawan Island
We were not able to do Island Hopping as we are on a tight budget and are planning to go back to do that with Bill with us.
WHERE TO EAT
- The Pitstop Restaurant
This is included on your Itinerary, or if not — asked your tour guide to bring you there. This is a must place for you if you love food!
- Must try menu
- Mangoe Pizza! DON’T EVER MISS THIS! I must say this was one of the best if not the bestiest pizza’s I’ve ever tasted! No Kidding!
- Adobo with a Twist
- Sinigang – Yummy too! I don’t know but there’s something in their food that is sooo pleasing to the tastebud
- The Clara Beach
- Vanilla Ice Cream (Home Made) – The best homemade vanilla Ice Cream in Guimaras!
- Must try menu
WHERE TO STAY
There are a lot of nice places in Guimaras where you can stay. Our choice was some place near the beach or at the beach front, somewhere peace and quiet that we can just relax and chill. Our top choice is The Clara’s Beach.
Link: Official Facebook Page
Address: Sitio Baybay, Igcawayan San Lorenzo, Guimaras 5047
Contact Number: 09163278565 (Ma’am Bena – Owner)
- If you are in a tight budget (like us), this place is for you.
- If you really want to distress and find a place to just relax and chill. This place is for you.
- If you love silence, this place is for you.
- If you love hearing the waves, this place is for you.
- If you love to disconnect from the world outside and just be with nature, this place is for you.
- If you want cozy and homey place to stay, this place is for you.
- If you love Italian and Thai food, this place is for you.
- If you love homemade ice cream! (like us), they have the best one here.
- It’s 45 minutes away from Jordan which is the center of Guimaras
- The transport from and to the beach is a bit pricey for Backpackers like us. Below are the standard transportation rates.
- Jordan to The Clara Beach – P350 (tricyle)
- Jordan to The Clara Beach – P200 (motorbike)
- Jordan to The Clara Beach – P750 (muticab)
- Buenavista to The Clara Beach – P500 (tricycle)
- Buenavista to The Clara Beach – P400 (motorbike)
- Nueva Valencia to The Clara Beach – P1100 (multicab)
- Nueva Valencia to The Clara Beach – P500 (tricyle)
- Cellphone signal is limited.
- Internet Connection is erratic, though they have one but lower your expectation as to the speed of the internet.
GALLERY – CHECK OUT THESE AMAZING PLACES IN GUMARAS! ENJOY!